Like all aspects of your health and wellness, many factors can influence your ability to lose weight, get fit, or otherwise achieve your goals. We’ve done extensive research across thousands of peer-reviewed studies, and the evidence suggests your DNA does play a part in how your body responds to foods, exercise, vitamins, medication and more. This is the basis of our testing.
A myDNA test will not be a silver bullet solution by itself. However, what it will do is provide the information you need to modify your lifestyle to best suit your genetics. Therefore, we provide personalised plans alongside our DNA test results to help you incorporate your new DNA knowledge into your daily life. By combining your DNA insights and analysis with personalised and actionable plans, we help you make sense of your genetics and put you on a path to achieving your goals.
The best way to think of our testing is another datapoint to help you improve your health and fitness. There are tens of thousands of genes in the human genome, many of which are still being researched and only have limited research to support their role in your body’s function. The genes we analyse for myDNA testing are only the genes with the strongest, most heavily researched evidence based on thousands of studies. Like any piece of scientific research however, nothing is completely certain and there are always outliers.
If you’re unsure whether DNA testing is exactly what you need, here are a few more points to consider:
- If you’ve previously tried multiple diets and not seen any success, your DNA may be having a stronger effect on your lifestyle.
- If you struggle with certain aspects of fitness (cardio, endurance, sprinting, etc.), your DNA may favour other types of exercise.
- If your doctor or GP is struggling to find the right medication and dose or you’re experiencing medication side effects, DNA testing can reveal how your body reacts to certain medications.
- The information you discover from your DNA will not be the only thing you need to achieve your weight and fitness goals – you will still need to follow a strict diet and exercise regimen such as what’s laid out in your DNA-powered meal and workout plans.
- Even if you don’t have specific goals or aspirations, your DNA will reveal a blueprint for your health and wellness that you can keep and refer to for life.
Everyone’s situation is different. While genetics may be the key some people need to finally start seeing results, it may not have quite as noticeable effects for others. At the end of the day, we can’t guarantee that a DNA test will be exactly what you need for your unique situation, however we do our best to tailor our experience for you so you can reach your goals.
Regardless of what you achieve using myDNA, we’re certain you’ll learn a lot about yourself and your genetics along your DNA-powered journey.